HTC Corp., today announced the global launch of the HTC Touch, the first device to feature new underlying touch screen technology. The HTC Touch is now available in the United Kingdom and will be released later this month in Asia and throughout Europe. The North and Latin American version of the HTC Touch will be available in the second half of 2007.
The HTC Touch responds to the sweep of a finger across its screen and can distinguish between a finger and a stylus and responds accordingly.
The main animated 3D screen comprises Contacts, Media and Applications. By swiping your finger on the screen the interface is spun to provide access to the features the user uses the most. There is one touch access to emails, text messages, calendar and contacts.
The phone utilizes Windows Mobile 6 Professional, the Touch includes Outlook Mobile, Office Mobile, Windows Live and the capabilities to run thousands of third-party applications, and to surf the web.
• Dimensions: 99.9 x 58 x 13.9 mm
• Weight: 112g with battery
• 1 GB microSD storage card included / 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM
• 2.8-inch LCD touch screen with backlight, 240 x 320 px resolution with 65K-colors
• Battery Life: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery with a capacity of 1100 mAh
• Standby time: Up to 200 / Talk time: Up to 5 hours
• Camera: 2.0-megapixel CMOS colour camera
• Windows Mobile 6 Professional with Direct Push Email and HTML email support
• Wireless Connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE Tri-band: 900, 1800,1900, Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth 2.0
• Choice of two colors at launch - elegant soft black or alluring wasabi green